Mumbai gang-rape victim collapses in court
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The 22-year-old photojournalist, who was allegedly gang-raped by five men inside the Shakti Mills compound on August 22, collapsed inside the sessions court on Thursday.
On October 15, two witnesses were produced before the court.
A special sessions court on October 11 framed charges against four accused in the case that triggered protests across India. The accused were also slapped with another fresh charge under the Information Technology (IT) Act for allegedly forcing the victim to watch a pornographic video and asking her to imitate the act.
The incident took place on August 22 in Lower Parel area where the 23-year-old woman had gone for an assignment.
She was gang-raped by five accused, including a juvenile, who would be tried separately.
She was working with an English magazine as an intern. The men tied up the friend who was accompanying her and raped the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?