Mumbai gang-rape victim collapses in court
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The 22-year-old photojournalist, who was allegedly gang-raped by five men inside the Shakti Mills compound on August 22, collapsed inside the sessions court on Thursday.
On October 15, two witnesses were produced before the court.
A special sessions court on October 11 framed charges against four accused in the case that triggered protests across India. The accused were also slapped with another fresh charge under the Information Technology (IT) Act for allegedly forcing the victim to watch a pornographic video and asking her to imitate the act.
The incident took place on August 22 in Lower Parel area where the 23-year-old woman had gone for an assignment.
She was gang-raped by five accused, including a juvenile, who would be tried separately.
She was working with an English magazine as an intern. The men tied up the friend who was accompanying her and raped the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray