Mumbai gang-rape victim identifies four accused
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A day after the Mumbai gang-rape victim and her male friend identified the first accused, whom the Mumbai Police had sent to the remand home accepting that he was a minor, the survivor identified other four accused in identification parade on Friday.
The other four arrested accused in the case are Shiraz Rehman Khan, Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali and Salim Ansari.
Mumbai Police had planned to conduct test identification parade on all five accused who were involved in this case. Among the five accused in the case, the minor was the first to be arrested.
The 23-year-old photojournalist was sexually assaulted at a defunct and deserted Shakti Mills compound in Parel area on the evening of August 22, when she had gone there on an assignment with a male colleague.
As per the procedure, during the test identification parade (TIP), a group of persons including one suspected of having committed a crime are assembled to see if the victim and eyewitnesses can identify the suspect.
As per law, the TIP is conducted when the accused are in judicial custody and lodged in jail.
The juvenile was the first person to be arrested after the rape was reported on August 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda