Mumbai gang-rape: Victim`s colleague deposes before court
Mumbai: The male colleague of the photojournalist, who was gang-raped last year at the Shakti Mills here, deposed before a sessions court here on Monday.
The 22-year-old magazine photojournalist had gone with her colleague to the deserted Shakti Mills compound located in the central Mumbai, on an assignment on August 22 last year when five men gangraped her at the abandoned mill, after bashing him up.
Other than the victim, her colleague is the only witness, who had seen the accused.
"The victim`s friend deposed in the court today and he identified all the accused," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
The accused - Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman and a minor boy - had been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act.
The Mumbai crime branch had on September 19 filed a 600-page charge sheet against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read