Mumbai girl commits suicide after being stalked on Facebook, neighbour in custody
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl committed suicide on Tuesday night here after allegedly being harassed by a boy living in her neighbourhood on social networking website Facebook.
The girl, who hailed from Kandivali area, was a student of class IX.
According to police, the girl`s parents found her hanging with the ceiling fan in her bedroom at around 6 PM at their residence in Iraniwadi.
The stalker, a 16-year-old boy, has been taken into cusody.
The boy forced on talking to her even after she avoided any conversation with him, causing her stress, her father alleged.
He also alleged that his daughter was harassed by the boy on a number of occasions, prompting her to end life.
The family of the girl alleged that police took no action in this regard despite a complaint filed by parents, resulting in the tragedy.
Police have registered a case under IPC Section 305 (abetment of suicide of child or insane person) at Kandivali station.
"Following the allegations that the teenager had troubled the girl in the past, we have taken him into custody on the charge of abetment of suicide. Further probe is on," Deputy Police Commissioner Mahesh Patil said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets