Mumbai girl commits suicide after being stalked on Facebook, neighbour in custody
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl committed suicide on Tuesday night here after allegedly being harassed by a boy living in her neighbourhood on social networking website Facebook.
The girl, who hailed from Kandivali area, was a student of class IX.
According to police, the girl`s parents found her hanging with the ceiling fan in her bedroom at around 6 PM at their residence in Iraniwadi.
The stalker, a 16-year-old boy, has been taken into cusody.
The boy forced on talking to her even after she avoided any conversation with him, causing her stress, her father alleged.
He also alleged that his daughter was harassed by the boy on a number of occasions, prompting her to end life.
The family of the girl alleged that police took no action in this regard despite a complaint filed by parents, resulting in the tragedy.
Police have registered a case under IPC Section 305 (abetment of suicide of child or insane person) at Kandivali station.
"Following the allegations that the teenager had troubled the girl in the past, we have taken him into custody on the charge of abetment of suicide. Further probe is on," Deputy Police Commissioner Mahesh Patil said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!