Mumbai: Girl gang-raped 9 months back delivers baby
Mumbai: Police have launched an investigation after a teenaged girl, who recently delivered a baby, lodged a complaint that she was allegedly raped by three men nine months back in the neighbouring Thane district.
Police on Monday day said an FIR was registered on Saturday after the victim complained to city`s Bhoiwada police that she was allegedly raped by three persons in a car after being kidnapped by them nine months ago at Kansai in Ambarnath township of Thane district.
On the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, the victim delivered a baby boy at KEM hospital in Parel, police added.
The case has now been transferred to Vithalwadi police station in Thane as the crime allegedly took place in its jurisdiction.
The alleged offence came to light after the victim was admitted to hospital for delivery on Saturday night and she could not provide the name of her husband to hospital authorities.
The doctors advised her to register a complaint after she revealed that three persons had kidnapped her from near her home and raped her in a car nine months ago, police said.
The accused were booked under relevant IPC sections including 376(2)(g) (gang rape), police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani