Mumbai: Girl gang-raped 9 months back delivers baby
Mumbai: Police have launched an investigation after a teenaged girl, who recently delivered a baby, lodged a complaint that she was allegedly raped by three men nine months back in the neighbouring Thane district.
Police on Monday day said an FIR was registered on Saturday after the victim complained to city`s Bhoiwada police that she was allegedly raped by three persons in a car after being kidnapped by them nine months ago at Kansai in Ambarnath township of Thane district.
On the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, the victim delivered a baby boy at KEM hospital in Parel, police added.
The case has now been transferred to Vithalwadi police station in Thane as the crime allegedly took place in its jurisdiction.
The alleged offence came to light after the victim was admitted to hospital for delivery on Saturday night and she could not provide the name of her husband to hospital authorities.
The doctors advised her to register a complaint after she revealed that three persons had kidnapped her from near her home and raped her in a car nine months ago, police said.
The accused were booked under relevant IPC sections including 376(2)(g) (gang rape), police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony