Mumbai: Girl gang-raped 9 months back delivers baby
Mumbai: Police have launched an investigation after a teenaged girl, who recently delivered a baby, lodged a complaint that she was allegedly raped by three men nine months back in the neighbouring Thane district.
Police on Monday day said an FIR was registered on Saturday after the victim complained to city`s Bhoiwada police that she was allegedly raped by three persons in a car after being kidnapped by them nine months ago at Kansai in Ambarnath township of Thane district.
On the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, the victim delivered a baby boy at KEM hospital in Parel, police added.
The case has now been transferred to Vithalwadi police station in Thane as the crime allegedly took place in its jurisdiction.
The alleged offence came to light after the victim was admitted to hospital for delivery on Saturday night and she could not provide the name of her husband to hospital authorities.
The doctors advised her to register a complaint after she revealed that three persons had kidnapped her from near her home and raped her in a car nine months ago, police said.
The accused were booked under relevant IPC sections including 376(2)(g) (gang rape), police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'