Mumbai: Girl gang-raped 9 months back delivers baby
Mumbai: Police have launched an investigation after a teenaged girl, who recently delivered a baby, lodged a complaint that she was allegedly raped by three men nine months back in the neighbouring Thane district.
Police on Monday day said an FIR was registered on Saturday after the victim complained to city`s Bhoiwada police that she was allegedly raped by three persons in a car after being kidnapped by them nine months ago at Kansai in Ambarnath township of Thane district.
On the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, the victim delivered a baby boy at KEM hospital in Parel, police added.
The case has now been transferred to Vithalwadi police station in Thane as the crime allegedly took place in its jurisdiction.
The alleged offence came to light after the victim was admitted to hospital for delivery on Saturday night and she could not provide the name of her husband to hospital authorities.
The doctors advised her to register a complaint after she revealed that three persons had kidnapped her from near her home and raped her in a car nine months ago, police said.
The accused were booked under relevant IPC sections including 376(2)(g) (gang rape), police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter