Mumbai: Girl gang-raped 9 months back delivers baby
Mumbai: Police have launched an investigation after a teenaged girl, who recently delivered a baby, lodged a complaint that she was allegedly raped by three men nine months back in the neighbouring Thane district.
Police on Monday day said an FIR was registered on Saturday after the victim complained to city`s Bhoiwada police that she was allegedly raped by three persons in a car after being kidnapped by them nine months ago at Kansai in Ambarnath township of Thane district.
On the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, the victim delivered a baby boy at KEM hospital in Parel, police added.
The case has now been transferred to Vithalwadi police station in Thane as the crime allegedly took place in its jurisdiction.
The alleged offence came to light after the victim was admitted to hospital for delivery on Saturday night and she could not provide the name of her husband to hospital authorities.
The doctors advised her to register a complaint after she revealed that three persons had kidnapped her from near her home and raped her in a car nine months ago, police said.
The accused were booked under relevant IPC sections including 376(2)(g) (gang rape), police said adding that further probe was on.
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued