Mumbai: Intel prostitution racket busted
Mumbai: Police on Tuesday claimed to have busted a
prostitution racket involving foreigners with the arrest of
three men and rescued an Uzbek woman and a small-time Telugu
film actress here today.
After a tip-off that a flesh trade involving young
female foreigners and Indian actors was being operated in the
city, sleuths, posing as customers approached the trio who
worked as pimps, police said.
The three men -- identified as Lalgeeta Nunnumandal,
Ganesh Neeromandal and Samshad Ahmed Khan -- had arrived along
with the two women outside the Grand Hyatt hotel in Kalina at
about 2 AM.
The trio was arrested there, and the 20-year-old
Uzbekistan national and the 22-year-old actress-cum-model, who
claimed to have acted in several Telugu movies, were rescued,
DR Gamore, inspector at Vakola police station said.
The trio claimed that they had foreign as well as Indian
women working for them and used to charge anything between Rs
50,000 to Rs 60,000 for a foreigner and Rs 40,000 for an
Indian woman, Gamore said.
The Uzbek woman and the actress, who hails from Andhra
Pradesh, have been sent to remand home, where they would be
counselled before sending them to their respective homes, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption