Mumbai: Kakkad`s family moves court for his body
Mumbai: The family members of wannabee producer Karan Kakkad, who was allegedly killed by gangster Vijay Palande, on Monday, approached a local court stating that his body be handed over to them to perform last rites.
The application comes two days after the Crime Branch said that the tests confirmed that the torso recovered from Chiplun in Konkan matched with that of Kakkad.
Palande, who is also accused of killing Delhi-based businessman Arun Tikku, during interrogation had confessed that he killed Kakkad for money and some personal reasons and dumped his body on Mumbai`s outskirts.
Police later recovered decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata