Mumbai: Kakkad`s family moves court for his body
Mumbai: The family members of wannabee producer Karan Kakkad, who was allegedly killed by gangster Vijay Palande, on Monday, approached a local court stating that his body be handed over to them to perform last rites.
The application comes two days after the Crime Branch said that the tests confirmed that the torso recovered from Chiplun in Konkan matched with that of Kakkad.
Palande, who is also accused of killing Delhi-based businessman Arun Tikku, during interrogation had confessed that he killed Kakkad for money and some personal reasons and dumped his body on Mumbai`s outskirts.
Police later recovered decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof