Mumbai: Kakkad`s family moves court for his body
Mumbai: The family members of wannabee producer Karan Kakkad, who was allegedly killed by gangster Vijay Palande, on Monday, approached a local court stating that his body be handed over to them to perform last rites.
The application comes two days after the Crime Branch said that the tests confirmed that the torso recovered from Chiplun in Konkan matched with that of Kakkad.
Palande, who is also accused of killing Delhi-based businessman Arun Tikku, during interrogation had confessed that he killed Kakkad for money and some personal reasons and dumped his body on Mumbai`s outskirts.
Police later recovered decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister