Mumbai: Kakkad`s family moves court for his body
Mumbai: The family members of wannabee producer Karan Kakkad, who was allegedly killed by gangster Vijay Palande, on Monday, approached a local court stating that his body be handed over to them to perform last rites.
The application comes two days after the Crime Branch said that the tests confirmed that the torso recovered from Chiplun in Konkan matched with that of Kakkad.
Palande, who is also accused of killing Delhi-based businessman Arun Tikku, during interrogation had confessed that he killed Kakkad for money and some personal reasons and dumped his body on Mumbai`s outskirts.
Police later recovered decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon