Mumbai: Kakkad`s family moves court for his body
Mumbai: The family members of wannabee producer Karan Kakkad, who was allegedly killed by gangster Vijay Palande, on Monday, approached a local court stating that his body be handed over to them to perform last rites.
The application comes two days after the Crime Branch said that the tests confirmed that the torso recovered from Chiplun in Konkan matched with that of Kakkad.
Palande, who is also accused of killing Delhi-based businessman Arun Tikku, during interrogation had confessed that he killed Kakkad for money and some personal reasons and dumped his body on Mumbai`s outskirts.
Police later recovered decomposed body parts of Kakkad from forests at Kumbharli Ghat in Chiplun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India