Mumbai lawyers protest to condemn Delhi blast
Mumbai: Hundreds of lawyers on Thursday held a
peace protest here to condemn the blast outside the Delhi High
Court, that killed at least 12 people and injured over 70, and
sought more security measures in courts across Maharashtra.
Lawyers, sporting red ribbons on their coats and robes,
gathered outside the gate of the Bombay High Court during
lunch hour to show their solidarity towards the victim`s of
A resolution has been passed by the Bar Council of
Maharashtra and Goa condemning the blast and also seeking more
security cover in and around courts in the city and state
"We will also be making a representation to Bombay High
Court Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Maharashtra Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan seeking enhanced security measures in all
the courts here," advocate Mubin Solkar said.
While there are baggage scanners and police frisk all
those entering the High Court, sometimes the policemen tend to
become lax, he said.
"In lower courts there is absolutely no security cover
and anybody can enter without being checked," he said.
The lawyers also demanded that CCTVs be installed at the
two entry gates of the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy