Mumbai: Letter threatens to blow up ‘Mantralaya’
Mumbai: Mumbai Police has stepped up vigil after an anonymous letter sent to the state Secretariat `Mantralaya` threatened to bomb important government installations in Mumbai and Nagpur.
The letter, received yesterday, specified timings at which the places will be bombed, sources said, adding that it mentioned Mantralaya, Vidhan Bhavan, MLA hostel, Manora Hostel and Nagpur Vidhan Sabha as the targets.
The state secretariat officials informed about the threat letter the police, who sounded a high alert in south Mumbai.
A check was carried out all important places and vehicles, including those parked at the places mentioned in the letter, were thoroughly checked, police said.
As the timings mentioned in the letter for the attacks passed by, police said it appeared that the letter was a hoax.
However, checking has been stepped up and the letter would not be taken lightly, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore