Mumbai: Letter threatens to blow up ‘Mantralaya’
Mumbai: Mumbai Police has stepped up vigil after an anonymous letter sent to the state Secretariat `Mantralaya` threatened to bomb important government installations in Mumbai and Nagpur.
The letter, received yesterday, specified timings at which the places will be bombed, sources said, adding that it mentioned Mantralaya, Vidhan Bhavan, MLA hostel, Manora Hostel and Nagpur Vidhan Sabha as the targets.
The state secretariat officials informed about the threat letter the police, who sounded a high alert in south Mumbai.
A check was carried out all important places and vehicles, including those parked at the places mentioned in the letter, were thoroughly checked, police said.
As the timings mentioned in the letter for the attacks passed by, police said it appeared that the letter was a hoax.
However, checking has been stepped up and the letter would not be taken lightly, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'