Mumbai local train fares to go up from Jan 1
Mumbai: New Year will bring some bad news for those travelling on Mumbai’s lifeline – local trains.
Reports said on Friday that the fares on Mumbai trains will go up. As per the decision, the surcharge levied on tickets will be hiked from the current 8 percent to 24 percent.
However, in a respite for passengers making short travel, there will be no hike for journeys between 1 to 10 kilometres.
The hike will be implemented with effect from January 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone