Mumbai local train fares to go up from Jan 1
Mumbai: New Year will bring some bad news for those travelling on Mumbai’s lifeline – local trains.
Reports said on Friday that the fares on Mumbai trains will go up. As per the decision, the surcharge levied on tickets will be hiked from the current 8 percent to 24 percent.
However, in a respite for passengers making short travel, there will be no hike for journeys between 1 to 10 kilometres.
The hike will be implemented with effect from January 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city