Mumbai local train fares to go up from Jan 1
Mumbai: New Year will bring some bad news for those travelling on Mumbai’s lifeline – local trains.
Reports said on Friday that the fares on Mumbai trains will go up. As per the decision, the surcharge levied on tickets will be hiked from the current 8 percent to 24 percent.
However, in a respite for passengers making short travel, there will be no hike for journeys between 1 to 10 kilometres.
The hike will be implemented with effect from January 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?