Mumbai local train fares to go up from Jan 1
Mumbai: New Year will bring some bad news for those travelling on Mumbai’s lifeline – local trains.
Reports said on Friday that the fares on Mumbai trains will go up. As per the decision, the surcharge levied on tickets will be hiked from the current 8 percent to 24 percent.
However, in a respite for passengers making short travel, there will be no hike for journeys between 1 to 10 kilometres.
The hike will be implemented with effect from January 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption