Mumbai local train fares to go up from Jan 1
Mumbai: New Year will bring some bad news for those travelling on Mumbai’s lifeline – local trains.
Reports said on Friday that the fares on Mumbai trains will go up. As per the decision, the surcharge levied on tickets will be hiked from the current 8 percent to 24 percent.
However, in a respite for passengers making short travel, there will be no hike for journeys between 1 to 10 kilometres.
The hike will be implemented with effect from January 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32