Mumbai: Man arrested for raping daughter
Mumbai: A 45-year-old man was arrested for allegedly raping his elder daughter for the past three years, police said on Sunday.
According to police, the accused Satyajeet Chowdhary was residing at SRA building in suburban Dahisar along with his two minor daughters and a son. His wife had passed away around five years ago.
"In the complaint, the elder daughter of the accused claimed that her father started maintaining physical relationship with her two years after her mother`s death. The accused had also threatened to kill her if she told about it to anybody," said a police officer at Dahisar police station.
The victim said that she even got pregnant but went for abortion, police said adding that around three days ago, the victim told about it to a child welfare activist, who then bought her to the police station and lodged a complaint.
"We have recorded the victim`s statement and following which a rape case was registered on Saturday against her father," the officer said adding that "Her medical reports also confirmed she had been raped. Subsequently Chowdhary was arrested."
Chaudhary was produced before a metropolitan court on Saturday and remanded to police custody till June 7.
The victim and her two siblings were sent to the childrens` home in Dongri as they do not have any guardian to take care of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof