Mumbai: Man arrested for sexually abusing daughter
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Sunday arrested a 40-year old man for allegedly sexually abusing his daughter for the past three years.
The police said that the accused Harishankar Patva who stayed in a slum in suburban Mumbai along with his wife, three daughters including the 18-year old victim and a son, molested the victim at knife point many times over the last three years.
When the victim told her mother about it, Patva threatened her as well.
Patva was today arrested on the charges of outraging modesty of woman and criminal intimidation.
The incident came to light when the neighbours asked the victim to approach the police.
Patva will be produced in court tomorrow, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?