Mumbai: Man arrested for sexually abusing daughter
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Sunday arrested a 40-year old man for allegedly sexually abusing his daughter for the past three years.
The police said that the accused Harishankar Patva who stayed in a slum in suburban Mumbai along with his wife, three daughters including the 18-year old victim and a son, molested the victim at knife point many times over the last three years.
When the victim told her mother about it, Patva threatened her as well.
Patva was today arrested on the charges of outraging modesty of woman and criminal intimidation.
The incident came to light when the neighbours asked the victim to approach the police.
Patva will be produced in court tomorrow, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...