Mumbai: Man found carrying firearm at Sessions Court
Mumbai: A suspected member of an underworld
gang possessing a firearm was on Friday picked up from the
premises of Sessions Court in South Mumbai, a Crime Branch
The man was found moving in the premises of the
Sessions Court carrying the weapon this afternoon and was
caught by policemen, the official added.
"We suspect the man is associated with an underworld
gang," the official said but refused to divulge further
Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Khan, who claimed to
be facing threat to his life, was also present in the court
for his bail hearing on Friday.
Khan was arrested by Enforcement Directorate on March
17 after the Supreme Court cancelled his bail granted by a
Mumbai court. For seven days, Khan was in the ED`s custody and
then shifted to the Arthur Road jail.
"They were verifying if the man had anything to do with
Khan," the officer said.
Khan was present in the court for his bail hearing.
However, the court adjourned the bail application till April
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony