Mumbai: Man found carrying firearm at Sessions Court
Mumbai: A suspected member of an underworld
gang possessing a firearm was on Friday picked up from the
premises of Sessions Court in South Mumbai, a Crime Branch
The man was found moving in the premises of the
Sessions Court carrying the weapon this afternoon and was
caught by policemen, the official added.
"We suspect the man is associated with an underworld
gang," the official said but refused to divulge further
Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Khan, who claimed to
be facing threat to his life, was also present in the court
for his bail hearing on Friday.
Khan was arrested by Enforcement Directorate on March
17 after the Supreme Court cancelled his bail granted by a
Mumbai court. For seven days, Khan was in the ED`s custody and
then shifted to the Arthur Road jail.
"They were verifying if the man had anything to do with
Khan," the officer said.
Khan was present in the court for his bail hearing.
However, the court adjourned the bail application till April
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!