Mumbai: Man gets life sentence for raping daughter
Mumbai: The session’s court on Wednesday
sentenced a 44 years old man to life imprisonment for raping
his own daughter.
According to prosecution, Shahbuddin Khan, the accused,
repeatedly raped his teen-aged daughter at their Govandi house
over two years.
The daughter became pregnant, and he forced her to
An NGO helped the girl file a case in February 2011.
During the trial, public prosecutor Nilima Kasture
examined six witnesses and relied on the medical evidence.
The court also directed Khan to pay a fine of Rs 50,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman