Mumbai: Man gets life sentence for raping daughter
Mumbai: The session’s court on Wednesday
sentenced a 44 years old man to life imprisonment for raping
his own daughter.
According to prosecution, Shahbuddin Khan, the accused,
repeatedly raped his teen-aged daughter at their Govandi house
over two years.
The daughter became pregnant, and he forced her to
An NGO helped the girl file a case in February 2011.
During the trial, public prosecutor Nilima Kasture
examined six witnesses and relied on the medical evidence.
The court also directed Khan to pay a fine of Rs 50,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company