Mumbai man held for raping minor Facebook friend
Panaji: A 21-year-old Mumbai-based man who raped a teenaged girl from Goa he had got in touch on Facebook has been arrested and booked, a Goa Police spokesperson said.
"A police team is in Mumbai to take custody of both - the victim and the accused," the spokesperson said.
The 17-year-old girl had travelled to Mumbai on Jan 8, after being in touch with Sirtaj Ali, a Navi Mumbai resident, to marry him, but instead of doing so, he raped her at a friend`s place in Dharavi, said police
He had later bought her a fake mangalsutra and a burkha in order to coax her into believing that the two were married.
After spending two days with the victim, Ali abandoned her at the Kurla railway station in Mumbai from where she was picked up by police.
A formal first information report (FIR) has been filed Goa`s Canacona police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media