Mumbai man held for raping minor Facebook friend
Panaji: A 21-year-old Mumbai-based man who raped a teenaged girl from Goa he had got in touch on Facebook has been arrested and booked, a Goa Police spokesperson said.
"A police team is in Mumbai to take custody of both - the victim and the accused," the spokesperson said.
The 17-year-old girl had travelled to Mumbai on Jan 8, after being in touch with Sirtaj Ali, a Navi Mumbai resident, to marry him, but instead of doing so, he raped her at a friend`s place in Dharavi, said police
He had later bought her a fake mangalsutra and a burkha in order to coax her into believing that the two were married.
After spending two days with the victim, Ali abandoned her at the Kurla railway station in Mumbai from where she was picked up by police.
A formal first information report (FIR) has been filed Goa`s Canacona police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site