Mumbai man held for raping minor Facebook friend
Panaji: A 21-year-old Mumbai-based man who raped a teenaged girl from Goa he had got in touch on Facebook has been arrested and booked, a Goa Police spokesperson said.
"A police team is in Mumbai to take custody of both - the victim and the accused," the spokesperson said.
The 17-year-old girl had travelled to Mumbai on Jan 8, after being in touch with Sirtaj Ali, a Navi Mumbai resident, to marry him, but instead of doing so, he raped her at a friend`s place in Dharavi, said police
He had later bought her a fake mangalsutra and a burkha in order to coax her into believing that the two were married.
After spending two days with the victim, Ali abandoned her at the Kurla railway station in Mumbai from where she was picked up by police.
A formal first information report (FIR) has been filed Goa`s Canacona police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'