Mumbai man held for raping minor Facebook friend
Panaji: A 21-year-old Mumbai-based man who raped a teenaged girl from Goa he had got in touch on Facebook has been arrested and booked, a Goa Police spokesperson said.
"A police team is in Mumbai to take custody of both - the victim and the accused," the spokesperson said.
The 17-year-old girl had travelled to Mumbai on Jan 8, after being in touch with Sirtaj Ali, a Navi Mumbai resident, to marry him, but instead of doing so, he raped her at a friend`s place in Dharavi, said police
He had later bought her a fake mangalsutra and a burkha in order to coax her into believing that the two were married.
After spending two days with the victim, Ali abandoned her at the Kurla railway station in Mumbai from where she was picked up by police.
A formal first information report (FIR) has been filed Goa`s Canacona police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!