Mumbai: Man held for raping seven-year-old girl
Mumbai: A 32-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly repeatedly sexually abusing a seven-year-girl from his neighbourhood in suburban Mumbai, police said.
Shashikant Ojha, employed at a restaurant, was apprehended from his hut in the suburban Sahar area for repeatedly raping the class II student on the pretext of offering her chocolates and showing rabbits, they said.
According to police, Ojha had sexually assaulted the minor at least 3-4 times, latest on January 4, while picking her up on her way to tuitions.
He would threaten the girl with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone.
"The girl was under stress and was too scared to reveal the matter to anyone. She would often mumble in her sleep," said a police officer.
The incident came to the light today after her parents took her into confidence after noticing change in her behaviour and lodged a complaint with Sahar police.
Ojha was arrested after the girl took the police to the hut where she was raped by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!