Mumbai: Man held for raping seven-year-old girl
Mumbai: A 32-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly repeatedly sexually abusing a seven-year-girl from his neighbourhood in suburban Mumbai, police said.
Shashikant Ojha, employed at a restaurant, was apprehended from his hut in the suburban Sahar area for repeatedly raping the class II student on the pretext of offering her chocolates and showing rabbits, they said.
According to police, Ojha had sexually assaulted the minor at least 3-4 times, latest on January 4, while picking her up on her way to tuitions.
He would threaten the girl with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone.
"The girl was under stress and was too scared to reveal the matter to anyone. She would often mumble in her sleep," said a police officer.
The incident came to the light today after her parents took her into confidence after noticing change in her behaviour and lodged a complaint with Sahar police.
Ojha was arrested after the girl took the police to the hut where she was raped by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing