Mumbai: Man held for raping seven-year-old girl
Mumbai: A 32-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly repeatedly sexually abusing a seven-year-girl from his neighbourhood in suburban Mumbai, police said.
Shashikant Ojha, employed at a restaurant, was apprehended from his hut in the suburban Sahar area for repeatedly raping the class II student on the pretext of offering her chocolates and showing rabbits, they said.
According to police, Ojha had sexually assaulted the minor at least 3-4 times, latest on January 4, while picking her up on her way to tuitions.
He would threaten the girl with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone.
"The girl was under stress and was too scared to reveal the matter to anyone. She would often mumble in her sleep," said a police officer.
The incident came to the light today after her parents took her into confidence after noticing change in her behaviour and lodged a complaint with Sahar police.
Ojha was arrested after the girl took the police to the hut where she was raped by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting