Mumbai Metro creates record, carries 1 mn riders in 59 hrs
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In less than a week after its inauguration, the Mumbai Metro has already created a record by ferrying one million passengers in a span of just 59 hours.
The ridership of the Mumbai Metro is also double as compared to those travelling by the Delhi Metro.
Mumbai Metro ferries passengers between Versova and Ghatkopar and was inaugurated on June 8 by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The inauguration took place after controversy over the hike in proposed Metro fares from Rs 9, Rs 11 and Rs 13 to Rs 10-40.
Metro operator Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL) will be charging promotional fare of Rs 10 from customers for the first 30 days for single trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says