Mumbai Metro creates record, carries 1 mn riders in 59 hrs
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In less than a week after its inauguration, the Mumbai Metro has already created a record by ferrying one million passengers in a span of just 59 hours.
The ridership of the Mumbai Metro is also double as compared to those travelling by the Delhi Metro.
Mumbai Metro ferries passengers between Versova and Ghatkopar and was inaugurated on June 8 by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The inauguration took place after controversy over the hike in proposed Metro fares from Rs 9, Rs 11 and Rs 13 to Rs 10-40.
Metro operator Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL) will be charging promotional fare of Rs 10 from customers for the first 30 days for single trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III