Mumbai Metro, Monorail projects to meet deadline
Mumbai: The first phase of Mumbai Metro and
Monorail, aimed to benefit the suburban population in the
metropolis, will meet its December 2010 deadline.
Addressing a press conference here, Mumbai Suburban
Guardian Minister Naseem Khan said the work on the two mega
projects is in advanced stages and would meet the deadline.
"80 per cent of Mumbai`s population lives in the suburbs
and they would be benefited with the completion of these
projects. The first phase covers Andheri-Versova-Ghatkopar
through Metro and Chembur-Wadala section through Monorail,"
The minister had reviewed the Infrastructure development
projects currently being undertaken in the suburbs.
The Santacruz-Chembur Link Road and the Eastern Freeway
would be delayed due to hitches like facilitating the
rehabilitation of displaced people, he said, adding the Milan
sub-way Rail Over Bridge would become operational by July this
Similarly, the Rs 400 crore project for beautification of
area along the Mithi River, covering 6 km from Mahim to CST
bridge, is also underway and would be completed by December
this year, Khan said.
The state government has approved Rs 42,000 crore worth
projects to upgrade Mumbai`s infrastructure by 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP