Mumbai Metro: PIL alleges violation of rules
Mumbai: In a trouble for Mumbai Metro phase I (Versova- Andheri-Ghatkopar), a public interest litigation
filed in the Bombay High Court has alleged violation of
Development Control Regulations (DCRs) and fire safety norms.
Petitioner Monica Matani claims that the city fire
department granted No Objection Certificate to the project
without proper verifications. Besides, the state Urban
Development Department, planning body MMRDA and Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation (BMC) violated several rules, and have
put lives of the citizens living near the upcoming metro
stations as well as that of potential commuters in danger,
The division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and
Justice Ranjit More today asked the Chief Fire Officer of
BMC to file a reply within four weeks.
The petition claims that construction of
Versova-Ghatkopar stretch started in February 2008, but
application for NOC of fire department was made only in
December 2009, after Matani had sought information about it
under the Right to Information Act.
Subsequently, a blanket NOC for all the 12 station
buildings was given, whereas the DCR and Maharashtra Fire
Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act require a separate
permission for each building, it says.
Apart from cancellation of the NOC, the PIL has also
prayed for stay to the construction of these 12 stations.
The phase I of the project is expected to be completed
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut