Mumbai Metro rolls off, CM on board
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Aamchi Mumbai’s newest pride the Mumbai Metro came one step closer to reality on Wednesday when the first trial run began with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and other senior state government officials on board.
The trial run is being conducted on a 3-km stretch between Versova car depot and Azad Nagar Metro station. In total the 11.4-km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar Mumbai metro line has 12 stations – Versova, DN Nagar, Azad Nagar, Andheri, WEH, Chakala, Airport Roard, Marol Naka, Saki Naka, Subhash Nagar, Asalpha and Ghatkopar.
The procedures for trial runs will take around three months to check and certify various systems and even to thoroughly check the System Integration Testing. Once internal System Integration Testing is done, the commissioner of railway safety will inspect the entire arrangement for desired results and safety standards.
The metro route will be thrown open for commercial operations in phases. The 7-km stretch from Versova to Airport Road is expected to start functioning from August-September while the remaining stretch will be operational by December 2013 or early 2014, reports said quoting officials.
The Mumbai Metro project is a tie up between Reliance Infra and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India