Mumbai: Minor girl raped by rag-picker
Mumbai: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 28-year-old rag-picker in Panvel in Navi Mumbai, police said on Monday.
The accused, identified as one Raju Kamble, raped the girl yesterday. The victim is a resident of Akurli area in Panvel who had lost her way home on Saturday night, police said.
According to police, the victim`s sister was admitted to a hospital for medical treatment and the girl had gone with her mother to visit the hospital that evening.
However, she left the hospital alone and came to some festival in nearby Nerul area and later returned to Panvel. However, she could not find her way back home and was given a shelter by local rag-picker women, police added.
Yesterday morning, she left the place with the ragpickers, but after some time was again left alone. Finding her alone, the accused raped her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told about it to anybody.
The girl finally found her friend`s place from where she contacted her family and told them about the incident.
Raju was arrested later from a slum following a complaint by her family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference