Mumbai: Minor girl raped by rag-picker
Mumbai: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 28-year-old rag-picker in Panvel in Navi Mumbai, police said on Monday.
The accused, identified as one Raju Kamble, raped the girl yesterday. The victim is a resident of Akurli area in Panvel who had lost her way home on Saturday night, police said.
According to police, the victim`s sister was admitted to a hospital for medical treatment and the girl had gone with her mother to visit the hospital that evening.
However, she left the hospital alone and came to some festival in nearby Nerul area and later returned to Panvel. However, she could not find her way back home and was given a shelter by local rag-picker women, police added.
Yesterday morning, she left the place with the ragpickers, but after some time was again left alone. Finding her alone, the accused raped her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told about it to anybody.
The girl finally found her friend`s place from where she contacted her family and told them about the incident.
Raju was arrested later from a slum following a complaint by her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred