Mumbai: Minor girl raped by rag-picker
Mumbai: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 28-year-old rag-picker in Panvel in Navi Mumbai, police said on Monday.
The accused, identified as one Raju Kamble, raped the girl yesterday. The victim is a resident of Akurli area in Panvel who had lost her way home on Saturday night, police said.
According to police, the victim`s sister was admitted to a hospital for medical treatment and the girl had gone with her mother to visit the hospital that evening.
However, she left the hospital alone and came to some festival in nearby Nerul area and later returned to Panvel. However, she could not find her way back home and was given a shelter by local rag-picker women, police added.
Yesterday morning, she left the place with the ragpickers, but after some time was again left alone. Finding her alone, the accused raped her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told about it to anybody.
The girl finally found her friend`s place from where she contacted her family and told them about the incident.
Raju was arrested later from a slum following a complaint by her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?