Mumbai: Minor girl raped by rag-picker
Mumbai: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 28-year-old rag-picker in Panvel in Navi Mumbai, police said on Monday.
The accused, identified as one Raju Kamble, raped the girl yesterday. The victim is a resident of Akurli area in Panvel who had lost her way home on Saturday night, police said.
According to police, the victim`s sister was admitted to a hospital for medical treatment and the girl had gone with her mother to visit the hospital that evening.
However, she left the hospital alone and came to some festival in nearby Nerul area and later returned to Panvel. However, she could not find her way back home and was given a shelter by local rag-picker women, police added.
Yesterday morning, she left the place with the ragpickers, but after some time was again left alone. Finding her alone, the accused raped her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told about it to anybody.
The girl finally found her friend`s place from where she contacted her family and told them about the incident.
Raju was arrested later from a slum following a complaint by her family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India