Mumbai: Minor girl raped by rag-picker
Mumbai: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 28-year-old rag-picker in Panvel in Navi Mumbai, police said on Monday.
The accused, identified as one Raju Kamble, raped the girl yesterday. The victim is a resident of Akurli area in Panvel who had lost her way home on Saturday night, police said.
According to police, the victim`s sister was admitted to a hospital for medical treatment and the girl had gone with her mother to visit the hospital that evening.
However, she left the hospital alone and came to some festival in nearby Nerul area and later returned to Panvel. However, she could not find her way back home and was given a shelter by local rag-picker women, police added.
Yesterday morning, she left the place with the ragpickers, but after some time was again left alone. Finding her alone, the accused raped her and threatened her with dire consequences if she told about it to anybody.
The girl finally found her friend`s place from where she contacted her family and told them about the incident.
Raju was arrested later from a slum following a complaint by her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'