Mumbai murder committed by unverified security guard?
Srinagar: The murder of a woman lawyer in Mumbai, allegedly by a private security guard hailing from Kashmir, is the result of mushrooming of unregistered private security companies across the country that do not verify their security guards as per industry norms, a top expert Saturday said.
Anil Puri, executive director of APS Group, country`s premier private security company, told reporters in Srinagar: "The incident is shocking and unfortunate. Our association (of security agencies) has laid down procedures for the appointment of security guards which include police verification, character verification, training and capacity building."
Pallavi Purkayastha, 25 was allegedly murdered Thursday by a security guard Sajad Ahmed Mughal by slitting her throat in a Mumbai apartment. Mughal belongs to Uri tehsil of Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
"The problem is that there are numerous unregistered security agencies in the country and it is there that such problems arise," Puri said.
Puri said steps are being taken that the government seeks mandatory registration from all the private security agencies in the country.
"We are also holding programmes on self-regulation and ethics for the staff working with registered security companies in the country", Puri presently on a private visit to the Valley said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what