Mumbai on high alert
Mumbai: Following the firing incident near the historic Jama Masjid in Delhi this afternoon, the city has been put on high alert, police said.
"After the Delhi incident, even Mumbai has been put on high alert. All policemen have been asked to remain alert and increase searches," city commissioner of police Sanjeev Dayal told a news agency.
Two men on a motorbike fired several rounds on a tourist vehicle near Jama Masjid in Delhi, injuring two Taiwanese nationals.
A red alert has been sounded across the capital after the incident.
Mumbai has been on high alert following reports of presence of two alleged terrorists in the city during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account