Mumbai on high alert
Mumbai: Following the firing incident near the historic Jama Masjid in Delhi this afternoon, the city has been put on high alert, police said.
"After the Delhi incident, even Mumbai has been put on high alert. All policemen have been asked to remain alert and increase searches," city commissioner of police Sanjeev Dayal told a news agency.
Two men on a motorbike fired several rounds on a tourist vehicle near Jama Masjid in Delhi, injuring two Taiwanese nationals.
A red alert has been sounded across the capital after the incident.
Mumbai has been on high alert following reports of presence of two alleged terrorists in the city during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days