Mumbai on high alert
Mumbai: Following the firing incident near the historic Jama Masjid in Delhi this afternoon, the city has been put on high alert, police said.
"After the Delhi incident, even Mumbai has been put on high alert. All policemen have been asked to remain alert and increase searches," city commissioner of police Sanjeev Dayal told a news agency.
Two men on a motorbike fired several rounds on a tourist vehicle near Jama Masjid in Delhi, injuring two Taiwanese nationals.
A red alert has been sounded across the capital after the incident.
Mumbai has been on high alert following reports of presence of two alleged terrorists in the city during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief