Mumbai photojournalist rape case: Survivor`s deposition complete
Mumbai: The deposition of the 23-year-old photojournalist in the Mumbai gang-rape case got over on Friday.
The girl faced two days of questioning from the prosecution and the defence.
"The examination-in-chief and cross-examination are complete, today she deposed for over five hours," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
The girl had fainted in the court yesterday. Today she answered all the questions, he said.
"Since she had some throat problem, she was provided with a microphone," he said.
Other witnesses in the case will depose on Monday.
The photojournalist, interning with a magazine, was gang-raped by five persons, including a juvenile, when she had gone to the deserted Shakti Mill compound here with a male colleague for a photo shoot on August 22.
Accused Vijay Jadhav, Kasim Bengali, Salim Ansari and Siraj Rehman have been charged with rape, conspiracy, common intention, unnatural sex and charges under Information Technology Act. The juvenile accused in the case will be tried before the Juvenile Justice Board.
Meanwhile, the court today also framed charges in the case related to an 18-year-old telephone operator, who was gang-raped in the same premises on July 31 by five men (three of whom are the accused in the photojournalist gang-rape case too) for gang-rape, unnatural sex, criminal conspiracy and common intention. This case too has a juvenile accused whose trial will be before Justice Board.
"All the accused (in the July 31 case) pleaded innocence," said Nikam, adding that witness deposition in this case will also start from Monday as some pieces of evidence are common to both the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in