Mumbai Police asked to increase vigil, stay alert during Ramzan: Report
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria has asked the Crime Branch and Anti-Terrorism Cells to increase vigil and stay alert during the Holy month of Ramzan, reports said on Monday.
According to reports, the Mumbai Police Commissioner has written a letter to all units of the Crime Branch and the ATC, which also mentions Iraq-based outfit Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria is believed to have written the letter few days ahead of the Pune blasts last week.
The letter holds significance in the light of reports that four men from Mumbai had recently joined ISIS.
A low-intensity blast triggered by an IED planted in a bike parked in front of a police station in the Pune city on Thursday left four persons injured, one of them a police constable. Authorities had not ruled out involvement of a terror group in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India