Mumbai Police asked to increase vigil, stay alert during Ramzan: Report
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria has asked the Crime Branch and Anti-Terrorism Cells to increase vigil and stay alert during the Holy month of Ramzan, reports said on Monday.
According to reports, the Mumbai Police Commissioner has written a letter to all units of the Crime Branch and the ATC, which also mentions Iraq-based outfit Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria is believed to have written the letter few days ahead of the Pune blasts last week.
The letter holds significance in the light of reports that four men from Mumbai had recently joined ISIS.
A low-intensity blast triggered by an IED planted in a bike parked in front of a police station in the Pune city on Thursday left four persons injured, one of them a police constable. Authorities had not ruled out involvement of a terror group in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray