Mumbai Police asked to increase vigil, stay alert during Ramzan: Report
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria has asked the Crime Branch and Anti-Terrorism Cells to increase vigil and stay alert during the Holy month of Ramzan, reports said on Monday.
According to reports, the Mumbai Police Commissioner has written a letter to all units of the Crime Branch and the ATC, which also mentions Iraq-based outfit Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria is believed to have written the letter few days ahead of the Pune blasts last week.
The letter holds significance in the light of reports that four men from Mumbai had recently joined ISIS.
A low-intensity blast triggered by an IED planted in a bike parked in front of a police station in the Pune city on Thursday left four persons injured, one of them a police constable. Authorities had not ruled out involvement of a terror group in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs