Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh resigns, may join BJP to fight LS polls
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In an unprecedented move, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh on Thursday tendered his resignation to Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil.
Singh is the first Mumbai commissioner of police to quit.
Speaking to Zee Media, Singh put a confirmation stamp on the reports of his resignation. He said he put in his papers to do something big for the nation. He, however, declined to reveal his plans.
According to reports, Singh is likely to join BJP to contest the Lok Sabha election either from Uttar Pradesh or Mumbai. Reports added that Singh had been in talks with party president Rajnath Singh and former party president Nitin Gadkari regarding his chances to contest the Lok Sabha polls as a BJP nominee from Uttar Pradesh.
Other reports claim that Aam Aadmi Party has also approached Singh.
Notably, Singh is due for retirement in 2015.
Patil has forwarded the resignation of the Mumbai police commissioner to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!