Mumbai: Police crack murder case of pregnant woman
Mumbai: Railway police on Saturday claimed to have
cracked the murder case of a young pregnant woman, whose body
was found stuffed in a suitcase at a railway station, with the
arrest of her doctor husband from Madhya Pradesh and two
brother-in-laws from the city.
The two brother-in-laws of the victim were arrested last
night while the husband, doing internship in civic-run
hospital, was apprehended today.
The body of a 24-year-old pregnant woman, with semen
stains on her private parts, was recovered from a suitcase
abandoned at Sandhurst Road railway station of Central Railway
"The deceased was identified as Rehmat who hailed from
Bihar and resided at Mumbra on the outskirts of Mumbai. An
engineering student Tabrez Khan (21) and his cousin Abdul
Hashib Khan (20) were arrested last night in connection with
her murder. Both the accused are brother-in-laws of the
deceased. The two were produced before a local court which
remanded them in police custody till March 25," Government
Railway Police (GRP) Commissioner Tukaram Chavan told PTI.
According to the police, Rehmat and Parvez Khan, hailing
from Bihar and neighbours, had an affair before getting
married in Delhi last year. After their marriage, the duo came
to Mumbra where they were staying.
In the meantime, a surgeon from Madhya Pradesh offered
Parvez a proposal to marry his daughter, to which the latter
agreed. "The MP surgeon was not aware Parvez was already
married," the police said. Parvez married the MP girl and
started avoiding Rehmat, the police said.
"On learning about Pervez`s marriage, Rehmat started
arguing with him, after which he had left her. Hashib told
Rehmat that Parvez was there in Delhi following which the
victim along with Hashib went to Delhi searching for her
husband on February 6. Hashib, however, left Rehmat in the
capital. After a month, Rehmat returned to Mumbra in the first
week of March," Chavan said.
Following her return, the trio planned her murder, the
police said adding she was killed in an isolated location in
Mumbra on Monday.
The accused then stuffed her body in a suitcase and
abandoned it in a local train at Mumbra, the police said
adding "a passenger saw the abandoned bag in the train,
slightly opened it after alighting the train at Sandhurst
Road. When he discovered the body he left the bag on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all