Mumbai: Police crack murder case of pregnant woman
Mumbai: Railway police on Saturday claimed to have
cracked the murder case of a young pregnant woman, whose body
was found stuffed in a suitcase at a railway station, with the
arrest of her doctor husband from Madhya Pradesh and two
brother-in-laws from the city.
The two brother-in-laws of the victim were arrested last
night while the husband, doing internship in civic-run
hospital, was apprehended today.
The body of a 24-year-old pregnant woman, with semen
stains on her private parts, was recovered from a suitcase
abandoned at Sandhurst Road railway station of Central Railway
"The deceased was identified as Rehmat who hailed from
Bihar and resided at Mumbra on the outskirts of Mumbai. An
engineering student Tabrez Khan (21) and his cousin Abdul
Hashib Khan (20) were arrested last night in connection with
her murder. Both the accused are brother-in-laws of the
deceased. The two were produced before a local court which
remanded them in police custody till March 25," Government
Railway Police (GRP) Commissioner Tukaram Chavan told PTI.
According to the police, Rehmat and Parvez Khan, hailing
from Bihar and neighbours, had an affair before getting
married in Delhi last year. After their marriage, the duo came
to Mumbra where they were staying.
In the meantime, a surgeon from Madhya Pradesh offered
Parvez a proposal to marry his daughter, to which the latter
agreed. "The MP surgeon was not aware Parvez was already
married," the police said. Parvez married the MP girl and
started avoiding Rehmat, the police said.
"On learning about Pervez`s marriage, Rehmat started
arguing with him, after which he had left her. Hashib told
Rehmat that Parvez was there in Delhi following which the
victim along with Hashib went to Delhi searching for her
husband on February 6. Hashib, however, left Rehmat in the
capital. After a month, Rehmat returned to Mumbra in the first
week of March," Chavan said.
Following her return, the trio planned her murder, the
police said adding she was killed in an isolated location in
Mumbra on Monday.
The accused then stuffed her body in a suitcase and
abandoned it in a local train at Mumbra, the police said
adding "a passenger saw the abandoned bag in the train,
slightly opened it after alighting the train at Sandhurst
Road. When he discovered the body he left the bag on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow