Mumbai police files case against Yuva Sena programme organizer
Mumbai: Just a day after acclaimed drummer Sivamani performed at a programme organised by Shiv Sena`s recently floated youth wing, the Mumbai police on Sunday registered a case against its organiser.
The police said that they have registered a case under the Bombay Police Act and the Environmental Protection Act against the programme`s organiser Ajay Ghole.
Police said that the Shivaji Park area, in Central Mumbai, comes under the notified silence zone and no such activities are permitted in that area without prior permission from the police. Sources said that noise levels crossed more than 100 decibels.
A three-hour programme was organised by the Yuva Sena in which traditional drummers also performed along with Sivamani.
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray and Mumbai mayor Sunil Prabhu were also present at the function.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference