Mumbai police gear up for festival season
Mumbai: Describing south Mumbai as an important political, trade and corporate hub, city police on Monday said they have initiated new strategies to beef up
security in view of upcoming festival season and the recent bomb blasts.
"South Mumbai is an important political, trade and corporate hub and we do not want to leave any stone unturned to ensure safe festival season," Additional Police
Commissioner (South) Naval Bajaj told reporters while replying to a query whether any specific intelligence inputs regarding possible terror strike was received.
Seeking full support from the citizens to prevent any untoward incident, Bajaj said, "We have come out with new strategies to ensure safe festival season and around 200 Local Arms Wing (LAW) policemen are on a standby to conduct surprise checks at various locations, particularly in crowded areas of south Mumbai."
"Presence of policemen on the streets has been increased to build confidence among citizens. The people, who are our ears and eyes, can also inform us if they come across
any suspicious object or person," he said.
Security audits were being conducted periodically at public places such as malls, multiplexes, housing societies, besides vital installations, the IPS officer said.
"If the vital installations conform to the minimum security standards set by the city police, they would be publicly notified accordingly," Bajaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie