Mumbai Police on alert amid threat of multiple bomb blasts
Mumbai: Police on Saturday sounded alert in the
city after a mysterious letter threatened of multiple bomb
blasts in different places, including the Raj Bhawan and the
Chief Minister`s residence.
Security around the vital installations has been
stepped up and thorough checking was on across the city,
The letter, received by Churchgate railway station
master, threatened of bomb blasts either on November 14 and
November 28, a senior police official said adding that all
security agencies were on alert.
Adequate security measures have also been taken on the
occasion `Bakr Eid` today, the officer said adding, "On
November 14, we were on alert and luckily nothing happened. We
are checking vehicles and security at railway stations has
been tightened. We do not want to take any chances today it
being a festival day."
The letter received on November 8 was written in Hindi
and posted from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu, the police said.
The letter claimed explosions would occur at Vidhan
Bhavan, residences of the Governor and the Chief Minister, RBI
and landmark Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels in South Mumbai.
The letter also claimed explosives have already
reached three different locations in the metropolis and five
to six persons had been given the responsibility to execute
The letter has named two persons Arvind Singh Arora
and Bhupinder Singh Arora who it says have hidden explosive
material, including RDX, near Bhabha Farid Institute
of Technol ogy in Dehradhun in Uttarkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir