Mumbai Police on alert amid threat of multiple bomb blasts
Mumbai: Police on Saturday sounded alert in the
city after a mysterious letter threatened of multiple bomb
blasts in different places, including the Raj Bhawan and the
Chief Minister`s residence.
Security around the vital installations has been
stepped up and thorough checking was on across the city,
The letter, received by Churchgate railway station
master, threatened of bomb blasts either on November 14 and
November 28, a senior police official said adding that all
security agencies were on alert.
Adequate security measures have also been taken on the
occasion `Bakr Eid` today, the officer said adding, "On
November 14, we were on alert and luckily nothing happened. We
are checking vehicles and security at railway stations has
been tightened. We do not want to take any chances today it
being a festival day."
The letter received on November 8 was written in Hindi
and posted from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu, the police said.
The letter claimed explosions would occur at Vidhan
Bhavan, residences of the Governor and the Chief Minister, RBI
and landmark Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels in South Mumbai.
The letter also claimed explosives have already
reached three different locations in the metropolis and five
to six persons had been given the responsibility to execute
The letter has named two persons Arvind Singh Arora
and Bhupinder Singh Arora who it says have hidden explosive
material, including RDX, near Bhabha Farid Institute
of Technol ogy in Dehradhun in Uttarkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire