Mumbai police raid bar for violating time restrictions
Mumbai: The social service branch of the Mumbai Police raided a bar in the city and detained nine girls, some stewards for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar.
The police raided the bar named ``Mood`` in Malad area on Saturday.
Talking to the mediapersons, Senior Police Inspector, Malad Police Station, Rajendra Nikam gave the statistics of the people detained in the bar.
"We raided the bar in which four singers and five women victim were found. All nine girls have been sent for police interrogation and the investigation is underway," said Nikam.
The girls in dancing attire were detained by the police for the further investigation.
Reportedly, the owner of the bar has been slapped with fine for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar and also, allegedly, for practising illegal activities inside it.
"The bars are allowed to run till 9:30 pm (IST) and the waiters are expected to leave the bar before that but they were inside the bar and that is why we have taken them into custody for interrogation," added Nikam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!
- Virat Kohli plays straight without compromising technique: Sachin Tendulkar
- PMO monitoring social media activity of ministers, tutoring them to efficiently use Twitter, Facebook: Report
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run