Mumbai police raid bar for violating time restrictions
Mumbai: The social service branch of the Mumbai Police raided a bar in the city and detained nine girls, some stewards for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar.
The police raided the bar named ``Mood`` in Malad area on Saturday.
Talking to the mediapersons, Senior Police Inspector, Malad Police Station, Rajendra Nikam gave the statistics of the people detained in the bar.
"We raided the bar in which four singers and five women victim were found. All nine girls have been sent for police interrogation and the investigation is underway," said Nikam.
The girls in dancing attire were detained by the police for the further investigation.
Reportedly, the owner of the bar has been slapped with fine for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar and also, allegedly, for practising illegal activities inside it.
"The bars are allowed to run till 9:30 pm (IST) and the waiters are expected to leave the bar before that but they were inside the bar and that is why we have taken them into custody for interrogation," added Nikam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!