Mumbai police raid bar for violating time restrictions
Mumbai: The social service branch of the Mumbai Police raided a bar in the city and detained nine girls, some stewards for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar.
The police raided the bar named ``Mood`` in Malad area on Saturday.
Talking to the mediapersons, Senior Police Inspector, Malad Police Station, Rajendra Nikam gave the statistics of the people detained in the bar.
"We raided the bar in which four singers and five women victim were found. All nine girls have been sent for police interrogation and the investigation is underway," said Nikam.
The girls in dancing attire were detained by the police for the further investigation.
Reportedly, the owner of the bar has been slapped with fine for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar and also, allegedly, for practising illegal activities inside it.
"The bars are allowed to run till 9:30 pm (IST) and the waiters are expected to leave the bar before that but they were inside the bar and that is why we have taken them into custody for interrogation," added Nikam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video