Mumbai police raid bar for violating time restrictions
Mumbai: The social service branch of the Mumbai Police raided a bar in the city and detained nine girls, some stewards for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar.
The police raided the bar named ``Mood`` in Malad area on Saturday.
Talking to the mediapersons, Senior Police Inspector, Malad Police Station, Rajendra Nikam gave the statistics of the people detained in the bar.
"We raided the bar in which four singers and five women victim were found. All nine girls have been sent for police interrogation and the investigation is underway," said Nikam.
The girls in dancing attire were detained by the police for the further investigation.
Reportedly, the owner of the bar has been slapped with fine for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar and also, allegedly, for practising illegal activities inside it.
"The bars are allowed to run till 9:30 pm (IST) and the waiters are expected to leave the bar before that but they were inside the bar and that is why we have taken them into custody for interrogation," added Nikam.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?
- Supreme Court reserves order on conduct of NEET or AIPMT for medical colleges' admission
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people