Mumbai police raid bar for violating time restrictions
Mumbai: The social service branch of the Mumbai Police raided a bar in the city and detained nine girls, some stewards for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar.
The police raided the bar named ``Mood`` in Malad area on Saturday.
Talking to the mediapersons, Senior Police Inspector, Malad Police Station, Rajendra Nikam gave the statistics of the people detained in the bar.
"We raided the bar in which four singers and five women victim were found. All nine girls have been sent for police interrogation and the investigation is underway," said Nikam.
The girls in dancing attire were detained by the police for the further investigation.
Reportedly, the owner of the bar has been slapped with fine for exceeding the time limit set by officials to run a bar and also, allegedly, for practising illegal activities inside it.
"The bars are allowed to run till 9:30 pm (IST) and the waiters are expected to leave the bar before that but they were inside the bar and that is why we have taken them into custody for interrogation," added Nikam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'