Mumbai police seek permission to arrest Tapuriah
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Friday filed an application in the session`s court, seeking permission to arrest Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah, an associate of Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, in a fake passport case.
Hasan Ali Khan and Tapuriah are presently in the judicial custody, after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) arrested them in the alleged case of money laundering.
"We have sought permission to arrest Tapuriah," said, Chief public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
In the year 2008, a case had been registered at Worli police station against Khan for allegedly acquiring fake passport. According to police, Tapuriah had organised the
documents for making a fake passport for Khan.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) had booked Khan and Tapuriah, claiming that the two had laundered $ 93 million in foreign banks. The ED also claimed that Khan obtained a large chunk of this fortune through the sale of weapons to international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
The ED has also claimed, that besides advising Khan on his foreign bank accounts, Tapuriah had also helped Khan in getting a few contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel
companies for Khan`s scrap trading business.
Meanwhile, the Worli police have also filed an application, seeking court permission to acquire their signatures and send it to hand-writing experts for analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video