Mumbai police seek permission to arrest Tapuriah
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Friday filed an application in the session`s court, seeking permission to arrest Kolkata-based businessman Kashinath Tapuriah, an associate of Pune stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, in a fake passport case.
Hasan Ali Khan and Tapuriah are presently in the judicial custody, after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) arrested them in the alleged case of money laundering.
"We have sought permission to arrest Tapuriah," said, Chief public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
In the year 2008, a case had been registered at Worli police station against Khan for allegedly acquiring fake passport. According to police, Tapuriah had organised the
documents for making a fake passport for Khan.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) had booked Khan and Tapuriah, claiming that the two had laundered $ 93 million in foreign banks. The ED also claimed that Khan obtained a large chunk of this fortune through the sale of weapons to international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
The ED has also claimed, that besides advising Khan on his foreign bank accounts, Tapuriah had also helped Khan in getting a few contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel
companies for Khan`s scrap trading business.
Meanwhile, the Worli police have also filed an application, seeking court permission to acquire their signatures and send it to hand-writing experts for analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what