Mumbai police`s special cell for women starts operating
Mumbai: The Mumbai police`s ‘Crime Against Women Cell` started operations on Friday on the occasion of International Women`s Day.
It would probe cases of rape, molestation, dowry and other atrocities against women.
Deputy Police Commissioner Sharda Raut, who holds the charge of the police headquarters, has been given additional charge of the cell, said an officer.
The special cell would be monitored by the Joint Commissioner of Police (crime).
With the strength of 65 personnel, the cell has one DCP, two Assistant Commissioners, six inspectors and two dozen constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai