Mumbai police`s special cell for women starts operating
Mumbai: The Mumbai police`s ‘Crime Against Women Cell` started operations on Friday on the occasion of International Women`s Day.
It would probe cases of rape, molestation, dowry and other atrocities against women.
Deputy Police Commissioner Sharda Raut, who holds the charge of the police headquarters, has been given additional charge of the cell, said an officer.
The special cell would be monitored by the Joint Commissioner of Police (crime).
With the strength of 65 personnel, the cell has one DCP, two Assistant Commissioners, six inspectors and two dozen constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'