Mumbai police`s special cell for women starts operating
Mumbai: The Mumbai police`s ‘Crime Against Women Cell` started operations on Friday on the occasion of International Women`s Day.
It would probe cases of rape, molestation, dowry and other atrocities against women.
Deputy Police Commissioner Sharda Raut, who holds the charge of the police headquarters, has been given additional charge of the cell, said an officer.
The special cell would be monitored by the Joint Commissioner of Police (crime).
With the strength of 65 personnel, the cell has one DCP, two Assistant Commissioners, six inspectors and two dozen constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack