Mumbai police`s special cell for women starts operating
Mumbai: The Mumbai police`s `Crime Against Women Cell` started operations on Friday on the occasion of International Women`s Day.
It would probe cases of rape, molestation, dowry and other atrocities against women.
Deputy Police Commissioner Sharda Raut, who holds the charge of the police headquarters, has been given additional charge of the cell, said an officer.
The special cell would be monitored by the Joint Commissioner of Police (crime).
With the strength of 65 personnel, the cell has one DCP, two Assistant Commissioners, six inspectors and two dozen constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH