Mumbai port to be guarded by CISF
Mumbai: The Mumbai Port Trust will have the
security cover of the para-military Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) from on Wednesday.
A commando-trained component of 530 personnel will be
deployed at the facility to secure both the land and sea side.
The Mumbai Port Trust has integrated sea-port facilities
for handling, storage and delivery of cargo containers and is
an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping of central
The CISF security will have Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs)
mounted on vehicles and would be armed with sophisticated
weapons to provide a 24X7 specialised security.
A security audit was carried out at the facility before
providing the security men, a senior CISF officer said.
The security unit will be headed by a Commandant rank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!