Mumbai port to be guarded by CISF
Mumbai: The Mumbai Port Trust will have the
security cover of the para-military Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) from on Wednesday.
A commando-trained component of 530 personnel will be
deployed at the facility to secure both the land and sea side.
The Mumbai Port Trust has integrated sea-port facilities
for handling, storage and delivery of cargo containers and is
an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping of central
The CISF security will have Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs)
mounted on vehicles and would be armed with sophisticated
weapons to provide a 24X7 specialised security.
A security audit was carried out at the facility before
providing the security men, a senior CISF officer said.
The security unit will be headed by a Commandant rank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test