Mumbai port to be guarded by CISF
Mumbai: The Mumbai Port Trust will have the
security cover of the para-military Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) from on Wednesday.
A commando-trained component of 530 personnel will be
deployed at the facility to secure both the land and sea side.
The Mumbai Port Trust has integrated sea-port facilities
for handling, storage and delivery of cargo containers and is
an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping of central
The CISF security will have Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs)
mounted on vehicles and would be armed with sophisticated
weapons to provide a 24X7 specialised security.
A security audit was carried out at the facility before
providing the security men, a senior CISF officer said.
The security unit will be headed by a Commandant rank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot