Mumbai port to be guarded by CISF
Mumbai: The Mumbai Port Trust will have the
security cover of the para-military Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) from on Wednesday.
A commando-trained component of 530 personnel will be
deployed at the facility to secure both the land and sea side.
The Mumbai Port Trust has integrated sea-port facilities
for handling, storage and delivery of cargo containers and is
an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping of central
The CISF security will have Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs)
mounted on vehicles and would be armed with sophisticated
weapons to provide a 24X7 specialised security.
A security audit was carried out at the facility before
providing the security men, a senior CISF officer said.
The security unit will be headed by a Commandant rank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know