Mumbai port to be guarded by CISF
Mumbai: The Mumbai Port Trust will have the
security cover of the para-military Central Industrial
Security Force (CISF) from on Wednesday.
A commando-trained component of 530 personnel will be
deployed at the facility to secure both the land and sea side.
The Mumbai Port Trust has integrated sea-port facilities
for handling, storage and delivery of cargo containers and is
an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping of central
The CISF security will have Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs)
mounted on vehicles and would be armed with sophisticated
weapons to provide a 24X7 specialised security.
A security audit was carried out at the facility before
providing the security men, a senior CISF officer said.
The security unit will be headed by a Commandant rank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'