Mumbai-Pune Expressway traffic disrupted for hours
Pune: Traffic on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway was thrown out of gear following a pileup involving several cars due to oil spill near Kamshet tunnel on Saturday afternoon, police said.
A number of vehicles travelling to Mumbai from Pune, rammed into one another, while a few others banged into the road dividers and the tunnel wall, police said.
According to them, due to the oil spilled on the road drivers lost control of their vehicles, which resulted in the multiple pileup.
Following the incident, traffic on the expressway was diverted to the old Mumbai-Pune highway, they added.
The work of removing the damaged vehicles from the Expressway was on and 14 cranes had been roped in for carrying out the task.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'