Mumbai-Pune Expressway traffic disrupted for hours
Pune: Traffic on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway was thrown out of gear following a pileup involving several cars due to oil spill near Kamshet tunnel on Saturday afternoon, police said.
A number of vehicles travelling to Mumbai from Pune, rammed into one another, while a few others banged into the road dividers and the tunnel wall, police said.
According to them, due to the oil spilled on the road drivers lost control of their vehicles, which resulted in the multiple pileup.
Following the incident, traffic on the expressway was diverted to the old Mumbai-Pune highway, they added.
The work of removing the damaged vehicles from the Expressway was on and 14 cranes had been roped in for carrying out the task.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees