Mumbai rave party: COO of resort arrested
Mumbai: Furthering its probe into the rave party organized at Hotel Mount View Resort in Karjat, the Raigad Police, Friday, arrested resort’s top manager Aparajit Mittal.
Mittal, who is the chief operating officer of the resort, was arrested from Andheri. He was produced in court later in day, which sent him to police custody till July 5.
The police had busted a rave party, last Sunday, at the resort in Khalapur near Karjat and seized a large quantity of drugs apart from Rs 3.08 lac in cash.
300 attendees, mostly in the age-group of 20 to 25 years, included 60 girls were detained and let off after medical tests - as per the police appropriate action will be taken against them once the medical report was out.
More shockingly, the raiding police party had found Anil Jadhav, an officer from the city`s Anti-Narcotics Squad, in a room at the resort. He was arrested on charges of supplying drugs and later suspended.
Apart from Jadhav and Mittal, four others are already under arrest in the case. The four are Jadhav’s aide Sunil Ghule, hotel manager Rahul Khanna, and party organizers Snehjit Sajalkar and Kushan Kumar Sujan Kumar.
One more organizer named Vicky Shah is reportedly absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan