Mumbai: Senior journalist Gurbir Singh arrested
Mumbai: Senior journalist Gurbir Singh was
on Tuesday arrested for not appearing before a court in connection
with a rasta roko case registered against him a few years ago,
"As journalist Gurbir Singh did not appear in a court at
suburban Dindoshi, a non-bailable warrant was issued against
him," said Additional Police Commissioner Ramrao Pawar.
In response to the non-bailable warrant, police today
arrested Singh, who is the president of the Mumbai Press Club,
Singh will be produced before the court in connection
with the case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption