Mumbai: Senior journalist Gurbir Singh arrested
Mumbai: Senior journalist Gurbir Singh was
on Tuesday arrested for not appearing before a court in connection
with a rasta roko case registered against him a few years ago,
"As journalist Gurbir Singh did not appear in a court at
suburban Dindoshi, a non-bailable warrant was issued against
him," said Additional Police Commissioner Ramrao Pawar.
In response to the non-bailable warrant, police today
arrested Singh, who is the president of the Mumbai Press Club,
Singh will be produced before the court in connection
with the case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre