Mumbai shame: 16-yr old girl gang-raped in Goregaon on pretext of Diwali puja
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Over two months after a photojournalist was gang-raped in Shakti Mills compound, yet another incident of gang-rape has surfaced to shame Mumbai as a 16 year old was gang-raped by six men in Goregaon on the night of November 01, reports said Monday.
The accused were known to the victim and had called her to participate in Diwali puja celebrations on Friday night.
However, instead of escorting her home, they drove to a secluded place and raped her.
Reports have it that the culprits also offered the victim a spiked soft drink, which left her unconscious. The accused, then took turns to rape the girl between 9 pm to 11 pm.
A case was registered against all the accused, who are reportedly in their twenties.
The case was registered at Dindoshi Police Station, under IPC section 376(G).
According to the police, all the accused, who are on the run, have previous records of criminal cases against them.
The incident comes approximately a year after the heinous and widely-condemned Delhi gang-rape that had seen huge swathes of populations breaking into sit-ins and protests against rape crimes.
The incident is also the second case of gang-rape registered in Mumbai in less than three months after a 22 year old photojournalist was gang-raped on August 22 in Shakti Mills compound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review