Mumbai shame: Teenager molested, nearly stripped by gang in Kandivali
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The concerns regarding crime against women were raised again on Tuesday when an 18-year-old girl was allegedly molested by a group of men in broad daylight in the city`s Kandivali area.
Mumbai, considered to be a safe city for women, took a hit when the girl was allegedly groped by men and nearly stripped.
According to reports, the girl was attacked on Tuesday afternoon when she was arguing with an auto-rickshaw driver over fare.
The men allegedly surrounded her and started harassing her. Though she managed to escape from the scene, the men continued to chase her and manhandle her. She was later rescued by a beat constable.
Four of the accused men have been arrested. Two of them could be minors, said police.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!
- No Indian casualty in Turkey terror attack
- Attack on Istanbul airport inhuman: PM Narendra Modi