Mumbai shame: Teenager molested, nearly stripped by gang in Kandivali
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The concerns regarding crime against women were raised again on Tuesday when an 18-year-old girl was allegedly molested by a group of men in broad daylight in the city`s Kandivali area.
Mumbai, considered to be a safe city for women, took a hit when the girl was allegedly groped by men and nearly stripped.
According to reports, the girl was attacked on Tuesday afternoon when she was arguing with an auto-rickshaw driver over fare.
The men allegedly surrounded her and started harassing her. Though she managed to escape from the scene, the men continued to chase her and manhandle her. She was later rescued by a beat constable.
Four of the accused men have been arrested. Two of them could be minors, said police.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir