Mumbai shame: Teenager molested, nearly stripped by gang in Kandivali
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The concerns regarding crime against women were raised again on Tuesday when an 18-year-old girl was allegedly molested by a group of men in broad daylight in the city`s Kandivali area.
Mumbai, considered to be a safe city for women, took a hit when the girl was allegedly groped by men and nearly stripped.
According to reports, the girl was attacked on Tuesday afternoon when she was arguing with an auto-rickshaw driver over fare.
The men allegedly surrounded her and started harassing her. Though she managed to escape from the scene, the men continued to chase her and manhandle her. She was later rescued by a beat constable.
Four of the accused men have been arrested. Two of them could be minors, said police.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees