Mumbai shame: Woman abducted, gang-raped in Mulund area
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Yet another shocking incident of gang-rape has been reported from Mulund area in the financial capital of the country.
A woman, who went asleep while travelling in an autorickshaw, was allegedly abducted and taken to Sanjay Gandhi National Park and sexually assaulted by a group of unidentified men.
Meanwhile, the police have registered a case against seven unidentified persons.
Last month, a 22-year-old photojournalist was raped by five men in Shakti Mills compound in central Mumbai after her male colleague was beaten and bound.
The photojournalist was on an assignment for an English magazine and had gone to the desolate area to take pictures of the abandoned factories when she and her male companion were attacked by the rapists.
The Mumbai accused allegedly also shot pictures of the crime on mobile phones and threatened the victims with dire consequences if they complained to police.
The Mumbai gang-rape mirrored the December 16, 2012 sexual assault in a bus in Delhi on a young woman who eventually died in a Singapore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise