Mumbai: Shiv Sena opposes shifting of `Ranicha Bagh`
Mumbai: Protesting Maharashtra government`s decision to shift the Veermata Jijabai Bhonsale Garden and Zoo -- popularly known as `Ranicha Bagh (queen`s garden) --- outside Mumbai, Shiv Sena on Sunday warned of an agitation.
"By shifting the zoo outside Mumbai, the Democratic Front government is planning to give away 53 acres of land to the rich," Sena leader Ajay Chaudhary said.
The zoo is situated in central Mumbai.
"Under no circumstance Shiv Sena will allow this," he said, warning of an agitation.
"A human chain to protest the move would be formed near the garden tomorrow, which will see participation of school and college students and their parents," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter