Mumbai: Six injured in wall collapse
Thane: At least six labourers were injured, two of them seriously, when a wall at a construction site collapsed following heavy rainfall in the district, police said on Thursday.
According to the district disaster control room, the incident took place late last night in the Buvapada locality of Ambernath’s Rahuldevi Chowk when the construction workers were sleeping.
The victims were trapped in the debris for a while until firemen and local police rushed to their rescue.
While four of the injured were admitted to the Central Hospital at Ulhasnagar two have been shifted to the KEM Hospital in Mumbai, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off