Mumbai teen allegedly gang-raped by 3 auto-rickshaw drivers
Mumbai: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in suburban Borivali last night, the police said here Tuesday.
Three of the four accused were arrested last night and were produced before a court today, which has remanded them to police custody until December 2, the police said.
According to the police, the victim who is a school dropout from Uttar Pradesh, resided in Ganpath Patil Nagar slum in Borivali.
The girl, who lived alone in the house after her mother abandoned her, was being taken care of by her close male friend.
"She left the house at about 8.30 pm yesterday to buy some food for herself, when she was allegedly intercepted by an auto-rickshaw driver Sonu Kamble, who was known to her," an officer at the MHB Colony Police Station said.
Kamble dragged the girl into a mini tempo parked on Link Road. Later, he was joined by his two of his friends, Jaiprakash Pal and Aslam Khan, who are also auto rickshaw drivers.
The trio took turns and sexually assaulted her, the police said, adding that, "Another person, who found something amiss in the tempo, reached there and he also raped the victim".
Hearing the girl`s screams, a passerby caught Jaiprakash who was leaving the spot and handed him over to a cop patrolling the area.
"The girl told the cops that she was raped by Jaiprakash Pal and three others," the officer said.
A manhunt was launched for the accused last night after which Sonu and Aslam were apprehended, while the fourth accused is still at large, the police said.
The accused have been booked for gang-rape, among other charges under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder