Mumbai teen allegedly gang-raped by 3 auto-rickshaw drivers
Mumbai: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in suburban Borivali last night, the police said here Tuesday.
Three of the four accused were arrested last night and were produced before a court today, which has remanded them to police custody until December 2, the police said.
According to the police, the victim who is a school dropout from Uttar Pradesh, resided in Ganpath Patil Nagar slum in Borivali.
The girl, who lived alone in the house after her mother abandoned her, was being taken care of by her close male friend.
"She left the house at about 8.30 pm yesterday to buy some food for herself, when she was allegedly intercepted by an auto-rickshaw driver Sonu Kamble, who was known to her," an officer at the MHB Colony Police Station said.
Kamble dragged the girl into a mini tempo parked on Link Road. Later, he was joined by his two of his friends, Jaiprakash Pal and Aslam Khan, who are also auto rickshaw drivers.
The trio took turns and sexually assaulted her, the police said, adding that, "Another person, who found something amiss in the tempo, reached there and he also raped the victim".
Hearing the girl`s screams, a passerby caught Jaiprakash who was leaving the spot and handed him over to a cop patrolling the area.
"The girl told the cops that she was raped by Jaiprakash Pal and three others," the officer said.
A manhunt was launched for the accused last night after which Sonu and Aslam were apprehended, while the fourth accused is still at large, the police said.
The accused have been booked for gang-rape, among other charges under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border