Mumbai teenager murders grandmother for money
Mumbai: The teenager, who allegedly
murdered his grandmother with help of his childhood friend,
broke down before the police and confessed to the crime.
The brutal murder by the 16-year-old, who was arrested
yesterday, left his parents, who were present in the
interrogation room, completely shocked.
"When the parents saw their son confessing to the
crime and explaining how he executed it, they were left shell-
shocked," said a Crime Branch official, who was present in the
room where the minor was grilled.
"The parents could not believe what their son was
saying and did not utter a single word," he added.
The victim, Sarla Patel (68), was found in a pool of
blood in the bedroom of her flat in suburban Malad on Friday.
Gold ornaments and foreign currency collectively worth Rs 5.14
lakh were stolen from the flat, police said.
On Monday, her teenaged grandson and his friend, both
studying in separate colleges, were arrested. The entire cash
and valuables robbed by them were also recovered, police said.
"The duo was today produced before a juvenile court,
which remanded them in judicial custody for one day. They were
taken to a remand home in south Mumbai`s Dongri area," said
Avinash Jadhav, Senior Inspector at Malad police station.
Though investigators were convinced that it was an
insider`s job - there was no forced entry into the house -
they zeroed in on Sarla`s grandson when he claimed he did not
come home on Friday afternoon, a statement contradicted by the
The duo told police they were in need of money to
fulfil their wishes to buy a bike and splurge on `hookah` and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’