Mumbai: US national doctor held for rape, say police
Mumbai: A 38-year-old Indian origin US national, who claimed to be an MBBS doctor, has been arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, who is also an Indian origin US national, in Mumbai, police said on Tuesday.
According to police, the accused Vikram Dravid, who studied in USA and completed his medical course, had befriended the married woman in 2001.
In March 2008, when the accused was at his Mumbai residence, the victim, who was also in Mumbai, was invited to his residence in Colaba in south Mumbai, police said.
The accused first offered her a drink laced with a sedative and then raped her, police said quoting the victim.
The victim approached the Colaba police station yesterday and lodged an FIR, following which, the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena