Mumbai violence: One remanded in police custody
Mumbai: A local court on Saturday remanded one of the accused arrested in connection with the August 11 Mumbai violence in police custody till September 20.
Akbar Ali, who had sustained injuries allegedly in the police firing that day, was arrested yesterday after he was discharged from the JJ Hospital.
But the court directed the police to take him to the hospital again for further treatment, as he has not yet recovered fully.
Two youths were killed and 52 persons, including 44 policemen, were injured at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on August 11, when a rally called to protest the incidents in Assam and Myanmar turned violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!