Mumbai violence: One remanded in police custody
Mumbai: A local court on Saturday remanded one of the accused arrested in connection with the August 11 Mumbai violence in police custody till September 20.
Akbar Ali, who had sustained injuries allegedly in the police firing that day, was arrested yesterday after he was discharged from the JJ Hospital.
But the court directed the police to take him to the hospital again for further treatment, as he has not yet recovered fully.
Two youths were killed and 52 persons, including 44 policemen, were injured at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on August 11, when a rally called to protest the incidents in Assam and Myanmar turned violent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir