Mumbai violence triggered by Bangladeshi immigrants: BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that illegal Bangladeshi immigrants triggered the last week`s violence in South Mumbai, BJP on Thursday announced organising a march on August 18 in protest of desecration of Amar Jawan memorial during the mayhem.
"A large number of Bangladeshis, who sneaked into the country via Assam, were involved in violence at Azad Maidan. We have demanded thorough investigations into the incident, however, the probe (by police) is not going on in right direction," Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit said.
Alleging that two persons, who are wanted for vandalising the martyr`s memorial near BMC building, are Bangladeshis, Purohit announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for giving information on their whereabouts.
"We will reward any person with Rs 1,01,000 for providing information of the duo who desecrated the memorial," Purohit told a press conference.
"Assam riots should not have had its echo in Mumbai. To protest against the desecration of the Amar Jawan memorial, BJP will take out a protest march on 18th of this month," he said.
We appeal all Mumbaikars to participate in the march which will begin from Metro Circle to Azad Maidan, Purohit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery