Mumbai violence triggered by Bangladeshi immigrants: BJP
Mumbai: Alleging that illegal Bangladeshi immigrants triggered the last week`s violence in South Mumbai, BJP on Thursday announced organising a march on August 18 in protest of desecration of Amar Jawan memorial during the mayhem.
"A large number of Bangladeshis, who sneaked into the country via Assam, were involved in violence at Azad Maidan. We have demanded thorough investigations into the incident, however, the probe (by police) is not going on in right direction," Mumbai BJP president Raj Purohit said.
Alleging that two persons, who are wanted for vandalising the martyr`s memorial near BMC building, are Bangladeshis, Purohit announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for giving information on their whereabouts.
"We will reward any person with Rs 1,01,000 for providing information of the duo who desecrated the memorial," Purohit told a press conference.
"Assam riots should not have had its echo in Mumbai. To protest against the desecration of the Amar Jawan memorial, BJP will take out a protest march on 18th of this month," he said.
We appeal all Mumbaikars to participate in the march which will begin from Metro Circle to Azad Maidan, Purohit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!