Mumbai wall collapse kills five, injures three
Mumbai: An explosion brought down the wall of a house in Sakinaka area in suburban Mumbai on Friday, killing at least five people and injuring three others.
Police are probing the cause of the explosion, which was reported at around 2 am in the industrial unit in Andheri east.
The wall crashed onto some tenements adjacent to the factory premises, killing five people and injuring three others.
Those killed have been identified as Savka Patel (55), Bharati (32), Ganesh Patel (25), Manisha(15) and Neha (13).
The injured, identified as Amit Harijan (27), Bhaiyalal (25) and Mangesh Patel (30), have been admitted to the Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar.
Four fire engines and three ambulances were rushed to the spot, an official said, adding that eight persons, who were injured, were rushed to Rajawari hospital, where five were declared dead.
The anti-terrorist and bomb squads were also rushed to the explosion site which is close the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing