Mumbai wall collapse kills five, injures three
Mumbai: An explosion brought down the wall of a house in Sakinaka area in suburban Mumbai on Friday, killing at least five people and injuring three others.
Police are probing the cause of the explosion, which was reported at around 2 am in the industrial unit in Andheri east.
The wall crashed onto some tenements adjacent to the factory premises, killing five people and injuring three others.
Those killed have been identified as Savka Patel (55), Bharati (32), Ganesh Patel (25), Manisha(15) and Neha (13).
The injured, identified as Amit Harijan (27), Bhaiyalal (25) and Mangesh Patel (30), have been admitted to the Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar.
Four fire engines and three ambulances were rushed to the spot, an official said, adding that eight persons, who were injured, were rushed to Rajawari hospital, where five were declared dead.
The anti-terrorist and bomb squads were also rushed to the explosion site which is close the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you