Mumbai wall collapse kills five, injures three
Mumbai: An explosion brought down the wall of a house in Sakinaka area in suburban Mumbai on Friday, killing at least five people and injuring three others.
Police are probing the cause of the explosion, which was reported at around 2 am in the industrial unit in Andheri east.
The wall crashed onto some tenements adjacent to the factory premises, killing five people and injuring three others.
Those killed have been identified as Savka Patel (55), Bharati (32), Ganesh Patel (25), Manisha(15) and Neha (13).
The injured, identified as Amit Harijan (27), Bhaiyalal (25) and Mangesh Patel (30), have been admitted to the Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar.
Four fire engines and three ambulances were rushed to the spot, an official said, adding that eight persons, who were injured, were rushed to Rajawari hospital, where five were declared dead.
The anti-terrorist and bomb squads were also rushed to the explosion site which is close the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%