Mumbai wall collapse kills five, injures three
Mumbai: An explosion brought down the wall of a house in Sakinaka area in suburban Mumbai on Friday, killing at least five people and injuring three others.
Police are probing the cause of the explosion, which was reported at around 2 am in the industrial unit in Andheri east.
The wall crashed onto some tenements adjacent to the factory premises, killing five people and injuring three others.
Those killed have been identified as Savka Patel (55), Bharati (32), Ganesh Patel (25), Manisha(15) and Neha (13).
The injured, identified as Amit Harijan (27), Bhaiyalal (25) and Mangesh Patel (30), have been admitted to the Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar.
Four fire engines and three ambulances were rushed to the spot, an official said, adding that eight persons, who were injured, were rushed to Rajawari hospital, where five were declared dead.
The anti-terrorist and bomb squads were also rushed to the explosion site which is close the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata